To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom binding of a journal, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
· as needed to provide my services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
· when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
· if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
· as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
· Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our business, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
· Business transfers. If we sell or merge the business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
· Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Squarespace and our other service providers may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” or similar means in connection with our Site and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, track the actions of users, to determine the success of marketing campaigns and to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. This information is collected anonymously, in a manner that does not personally identify you.
How we store your data
Your data is stored in a secured Gmail account and Google Drive account. Both of these are password protected, and the computed they are accessed by are password protected and is not shared. Google Drive files or Gmail may be accessed by our mobile phone. In this case these accounts still require password verification, and the phone is password protected. If you contact me via Facebook or Instagram these accounts are password protected and accessed either via secured computer or phone. Invoice information is stored in a secured Quickbooks account, accessed by password via secured computer or phone. All passwords are changed regularly and are not recorded anywhere.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
· Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
· Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
· Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
· Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Gillian Stewart, Owner of Juju Books, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Gillian Stewart, Studio 27, Rogart Street Campus, Glasgow, G40 2AA
If we change the contents of this policy, those changes will become effective the moment we publish them on our website